Professor Sadreddin M. Ardehali
Dept. of Parasitology and Mycology,School of Medicine,
Marital Status: Married, two children
Ph.D. in Microbiology and Immunoprotozoology,
M.S. in Microbiology, 1971, from
B.S. in Microbiology, 1965,
Assistant Professor Department
Associate Professor, Department of Microbiology,
Professor, Department of Microbiology,
Sciences 1991. Duties included teaching Medical Parasitology,
part of Medical Microbiology to medical and paramedical students;
taking part in teaching part of Immunology of infectious diseases
to the graduate students (M.S. and Ph.D.), supervising graduate
students in Microbiology and residents from veterinary school,
1. Two years of research experience on acquired and innate immunity
in experimental leishmaniasis, Department of Microbiolgy Medical
School, Shiraz University, 1969-1971.
2. Three years of research experience at the Divistion of Immunology
Department of Medical Protozoology,
with the studies on the effect of humoral factors on Leishmania
3. Eight years of research experience on immunology and
parasitic diseases prevalent in
(Toxoplasmosis, Leishmaniasis and Hydatid diseases). Department of
4. One year of research experience on production and partial
characterization of monoclonal antibodies against Leishmania
organisms at the World Health Organization Immunology Research and
5. In vitro studies on the phagocytic processes of immune complexes
by SLE prone and non-prone murine macrophages, Department of
6. Immunology of leishmaniasis characterization of Leishmania
organisms using isoenzyme and monoclonal antibodies 1986.
Clinical Laboratory Experience:
January 1966 - August 1966.
2. Supervision of diagnostic bacteriology laboratory, Isfahan Public
3. Bacteriologist, bacteriology division, Reference Laboratory,
4. Supervision of serodiagnosis of parasitic diseases laboratory,
Department of Microbiology,
5. Supervision of the clinical parasitology laboratory, Faghihi
Supervision of Clinical Microbiology section
1. Recipient of a 3-year grant from the CENTO to study for Ph.D. at
2. Recipient of WHO fellowship to attend the course on Immunology of
infectious diseases, August 30 - September 27,
Sabbatical leave from
1984 - August, 1985.
4. Research Fellowship: Department of Medical Patholgy, Medical
5. WHO Training grant for isoenzyme characterization of Leishmania 3
months 1990-1991 (
6. WHO Grant for characteriztion of Leishmania using monoclonal
antibodies one week 1993 (
7. Visiting Professor of Microbiology Hamad Medical Corporation
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathololgy, May 19-26, 1990
1) Who is Who in the world the 14th edition 1997.
2) International Biographical Center Dictionary of International
Biography 26th edition 1998.
1. Rezai, H., Haghighi, P. and Ardehali, S. (1972) Histological
appearance of the site of innoculation and lymphnodes of guinea
pig at various times after infection with L. enriettii.
Transactions of the Royal Society of Hygiene and Tropical
2. Ardehali, S. (1974) The effect of homologous and heterologous
rabbit antisera on the growth of Leishmania enriettii and
Leishmania tropica major and their differentiation by quantitative
Adler test. Transaction of the Royal Society of Hygiene and
Tropical Medicine 68, 266.
3. Rezai, H., Ardehali, S., and Gettner, S. (1975) Anti - Leishmania
activity of normal animal sera. Annals of Tropical Medicine and
Parasitology 69, 29 - 33.
4. Ardehali, S., Kohaneb, J., Gerami, S., Behforouz, N., Rezai, H.,
and Vaez - zadeh, K. (1977) Evaluation of
counterimmuoelectrophoresis, crosselectroimmuno diffusion and agar
gel diffusions for immunodiagnosis of human hydatid disease.
Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and
Hygiene, 71,481 - 485.
5. Ardehali, S. and Khoubyar, K. (1978) Uptake of different Leishmania
by mouse peritoneal exudate cells. Transaction of the Royal
Society of tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 72, 645 - 646.
6. Rezai, H. R., ardehali, S., Amirhakimi, G. and Kharazmi, A.(1978)
Immunological features of Kala - azar, American Journal of
Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 27, 1079 - 1083.
7. Sedaghat, A., Ardehali, S., Sadigh, M. and Buxton, M. (1978) The
prevalence of Toxoplasma
Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, October issue 204 - 207.
8. Ardehali, S., Khoubyar, K. and rezai, (1979) Effect of Cytochalasin
B on Leishmania - macrophage interaction. Acta tropica, 36,15 - 22.
9. Ardehali, S., Sodeiphy, M., Haghighi, P., Rezai, H. and Vollum,D.
(1980) Studies on chronic (lupoid) leishmaniasis. Annals of
Tropical Medicine and Parasitololgy, 74, 1 - 7.
10. Rezai, H., Bahar, K., Behforouz, N., and Ardehali, S., (1980) An
in vitro parasite macrophage macrophage interation and in vivo
resistance of mice to Toxoplasma gondii. Acta Tropica, 37,21 29.
11. Kohaneb, J., Ardehali, S., and Rezai, H., (1980) Studies on
antigenic relationship of Leishmania promastigotes by
electroimmunodiffusion and crossed - electroimmunodiffusion.
Transactions of the Royal Society of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine,
12. Azadeh, B and Ardehali, S., (1983) Malakoplakia of mastoid cavity,
apcase report. Histopathology, 7, 129 - 134.
13. Kohanteb, D. J., Rezai, H. R. and Ardehali, S. M., (1984)
Application of electroimmunodiffusion (EID) and crossed -
electroimmunodiffusion (CEID) tests for the diagnosis of visceral
leishmaniasis. Journal of tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
87,201 - 205.
14. Azadeh, B., Samad, A and ardehali, S., (1985) Histological
spectrum of cutaneous leishmaniasis due to Leishmania tropica.
Transaction of the Royal Society of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine,
79,631 - 636.
15. Kohanteb, D. J., Ardehali, S., and Rezai, H.R., (1987) Detection
of Leishmania donovani soluble antigen and antibody in th urine of
Kala - azar patients. Transactions of the Royal Society of
Hygiene and Tropical Medicine 81,587 - 580.
16. Rezai, H. R. Ardehali, S., Fabbri, B and Teplitz, R. (1987) Effect
of levamisole on binding of immune complex to mouse peritoneal
Macrophages, Natural Immunity, 6, 167 - 170.
17. Rezai, H. R. Behbehani, A. Gettner, S. and S. Ardehali (1988)
Effect of levamisole on the course of experimental leishmanisis
in guinea pigs and mice. Hematological and Immunological findings.
Annals of Troical Medicine and Parasitology, 82, 243 - 249.
in Macrophage: Immune complex binding.Immunological Investigations,
18(5), 671 - 688.
19. Rezai, H.R., S. Ardehali and R. Teplitz (1992) The effects of
serum and some serum components on immune complex binding to
macrophages. Medical Journal
of the Islamic
6 (3) 197 - 200.
20. Moaddeb, A S, Gettner, S., Ardehali, S. Studies on the causation
agent of cutaneous Lieshmaniasis in
of Medica Sciences. 1993; 18: 28 - 33.
21. Edrissian, Gh. Ahanchin. A. R. Gharachahi, A. M. Ghorbani,
M. Nadim, A. Ardehali, S. et al. Seraepidemiological studies of
and search for animal resrvoirs in
1993; 18: 99 - 105.
22. Ardehali, S. Moein Rezakhanlou, A.R. Reticulocyte interference with
lymphocyte separation in Blood of Patients with Kala - azar.
Medical Journal of the Islamic
23. Ardehali, S. Moein Rezakhankou, A.R., Sadeghi E. and S.Z. Tabei.
Studies on T - Cell phenotypes in children with Kala-azar
1993; 7(3) 157 - 160.
24. Omrani, Gh. Farhadi, A. Parhizgar, A. Ardehali, S., M. Haghshenas,
Visceral leishmaniasis as fever of undetermined origin. Medical
Journal of the Islamic
25. Ardehali, S., Sadeghi - Hassanabadi, A. Gharechahi, M. A., I.
Ghahramani. Leishmania skin test in hyperendemic foci of zoonatic
cutaneous leishmaniasis in Fars province
medical Science. 1994, 19 - 21.
26. Ghaderi, A.A., Habibagahi, M., Amirghfran, Z.,Ardehali, S.: Determination of a
shared epitope between cells from acute myeloblastic leukemia (AML) and acute
leukemia (ALL). Med J Islamic Rep
27. Ardehali, S., Sadeghi - Hassanabadi, A. Moaddeb, A. Abdollahi, B., Malek Hosseinik,
Z., and D. Evans. Characterization of Leishmania
isolated from cases with lymphadenopathy in
28. Ardehali, S. Malaria vaccine immunology update.
Proceedings of the 8th International Congress of Geographic
Medicine. Edited by Ghaderi A.A. and N. Ghahremani,
29. Hatam, G.R. Hosseini,
S.M.H. and Ardehali, S. Dermotropic
isolates of Leishmania infantum
30. Sadjjadi,S.M., Ardehali, S.M.,Shojaei,A.(1998) A case report of Linguatula
serrata in throat of a woman in
and Ardehali,S. Evaluation of two biphasic culture
media for isolation 0f Leishmania parasites from cutaneaous ulcers in Iranian patients. Medical Journal of
32. Ardehali,S.Editorial:Leishmaniasis. Where do we stand? Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences.1996,21(3&4) 87-88.
33. Sharifi,I.Ardehali,S.Motazedian,H. et al. Identification and characterization of Leishmania isolates in school children in Bam Southeastern Iran . Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences. 1997,22 (3&4)
34. Edrissian,G.R. Nadim,A. Alborzi,A. and Ardehali,S. Visceral leishmaniasis; The Iranian Experience. Archives of Iranian Medicine, 1998, 1.1 .22-26
35. Delir,S., Handjani,F.Emad,M. and Ardehali,S. Vulvar myiasis due to Wohlfahrtia magnifica. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology . 1999,24. 279-280
36. Zerehsaz,F. Salmanpour,R.,Handjani,F.Ardehali,S.et .al. Adouble blind randomized Clincal trial of a topical hebal extract(Z-HE)versus systemic meglumine antimoniate for the treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis in Iran.International Journal of Dermatology.1999.38,610-612.
37. Salmanpour,R. ,Handjani,F.,Zerehsaz,F.,Ardehali,S. and Panjehshahin,M.R. Erysiploid leishmaniasis: an unusual clinical presentation. European Journal of Dermatology.1999,9,458- 459.
38. Ardehali,S.,Moattari,A.,Hatam,G.H.., Hosseini,SMH.
And I.Sharifi. Characterization of Leishmania isolated in
39. Aminlari , M., Ardehali, S., Tahernia, H. (2001) Detection of 63 kDa Protein in the Culture supernatant of Leishmania tropica and Leishmania major promastigotes, Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences 26 , 74-76.
40. Motazedian , MH., Karamian, M., Noyes HA., Ardehali, S.,( 2002 ) DNA extraction and amplification of Leishmania from archived Giemsa stained slides for diagnosis of cutaneous leishmaniasis by PCR. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology; 96:31-34.
41. Motazedian , MH. Noamanpour, B.
Ardehali S.: Characterization of Leishmania
parasites isolated from different provinces of
42. Sadjjadi, S.M. Ardehali, S. Nomanpour, B., Kumar.V and Izadpanah, A. Diagnosisof cystic echinococcosis: Imaging or Countercurrent Immuno-electrophoresis? Eastersn Meditrranean Health Journal 2001, 7 (6) 907-911.
43. Basiri, E., Ardehali, S., Kamali, E., Doroduchi, M., Habibaghahi, M., Sharifi, I and Ghaderi, A. 2002. Production and partial characterization of monoclonal antibodies to Leishmania. Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences; 27: 75-79.