Vice-Chancellery of Research and Technology
- Development of research at SUMS
- Institutionalizing research affairs at SUMS
- Promoting the quality and quantity of research at SUMS
- Promoting practical and client pivoted types of research
- Enrichment of research affairs
- Strengthening SUMS' scientific resources which are electronic or in print
- Strengthening scientific exchanges with other global scientific and research institutes and doing scientific exchanges with Iranian professionals living abroad
- Supporting the publication and compilation of scientific books required by SUMS and the society
1. Regulation and priority-setting:
This activity involves the setting of annual priorities concerned with research in health, the supervision of appropriate compliance with ethical guidelines in medical research, annual review of the strategic plan of the Vice-Chancellery for Research, and overall policymaking in the field of research activities.
2. Knowledge enhancement:
This activity comprises the organization of national and international scientific events, research enhancement workshops and active participation in the Razi Medical Science Contest and Khaarazmi Science Contest.
3. Knowledge generation and practical application:
Financial support for research projects, encouraging innovation, discovery and invention, publishing research articles in prestigious national and international journals, presenting scientific reports at national and international conferences, implementing joint research plans with national and international scientific centers, supporting health services research, supporting joint research plans carried out together with students, public individuals and institutions.
4. Mobilization of economic resources for research:
Advocacy and policymaking to mobilize internal and external economic resources for research development, and effective communication with potential clients requesting consultation in research affairs.